The community theater, known today as Pennsylvania Playhouse, presently located on Illicks Mill Road in the City of Bethlehem, was founded in 1946. Since then, The Playhouse has survived all of these years on its box office revenues, with occasional public subscriptions to meet major emergencies. It has never depended on grants or subsidies. Pennsylvania Playhouse is a nonprofit organization, opened to everyone, and operated entirely by dedicated volunteers. We strive to deliver our community some of the finest theatre productions and bring stories to life.
poster graphics design provided by working dog press